The Merrick Union Free School District will provide students with the opportunity to maximize their potential and to become lifelong learners, independent problem solvers, and responsible citizens by working with all members of the Merrick community to create learning environments that support students’ social, emotional, and academic needs.
New Residents who are parents of school-age children should register their children as soon as possible at the appropriate elementary school. If you are unsure of your child’s neighborhood school, please call the Transportation Office at 516-992-7285.
- Children registering for kindergarten must be five years of age on or before December 1 of the school year of entry.
- Registration is held in February of the year preceding entrance into kindergarten, and parents are notified by mail of registration dates.
- Official birth or baptismal certification is required.
- Proof of immunization as well as a full physical examination (health appraisal) is required prior to the start of school. You will find the current registration and immunization forms below.
- Proof of residency if new to the area (see "Letter to Parents" for more information)
Call your school directly to schedule a registration appointment (between 10AM and 2PM).
Please find the letters regarding Kindergarten Registration, NYS Immunization Requirements, Registration Forms and links to health forms and notices below: